April was a pretty solid month, but I am looking forward to what May has in store. Two big things are happening this month: Chase’s graduation + my birthday! This month also marks 3 months until our wedding + I am getting my second tattoo. Since Chase + I will be living together after his graduation, I have some work to-do to make “my house” feel more like “our house.” I have a couple goals that relate to that change. Before seeing my May goals, let’s see how I did on my April goals:
1. Run at least twice a week. Yes! I ran twice a week and went to the gym four times a week (expect the last week I only went three times). I mentioned in my April Recap that my race got cancelled because of storms, which was disappointing. I am looking for another race to run and hope to keep running and working out at the same pace. 2. Design wedding invitations. Yep! I’ll be getting them printed in the next week or so. I also already purchased the envelopes. 3. Register plates. Done! New sticker is on the car. 4. Add more money to savings. Yep! Still not up to 10% a paycheck, but I am getting there. 5. Make a wedding journal + starting crafting decor. Yes! I also mentioned in my April recap that I did a ton of crafting for the wedding this past month. I started the journal and I hope to add more to that in the next few months. I still have some crafts that I am working on, but I am definitely ahead of schedule.
5/5 – Score for April! Let’s hope I can keep it up with my May goals…
1. Send out wedding invitations. I’m hoping to have them all out by the end of May. I’m looking forward to adding washi tape to all the envelopes already…
2. Make wedding signs + decorations. There are some signs that I want to make to hang around the ceremony + reception. I’m planning on making most of them on old maps. I also need to design more flower holders and make the map heart strands.
3. Clean-up basement. I had this on my monthly goals a few months ago, but didn’t get around to doing it. Hoping I make it happen this month!
4. Organize vanity. It’s been a while since I went through + cleaned out my vanity. I don’t use it as much as I did when I was living at my parents, so I am hoping to find a way to make it more practical. I’m also trying to make the bedroom more a space for the both of us.
5. Enjoy the rest of 22 + Prepare for 23. I want to enjoy my last month as 22, but not treat myself too much. In the past, I have justified somewhat frivolous spending because it’s my birthday month. My present to myself is going to be my tattoo + that’s going to be a relatively large expense. Wedding costs are another reason I need to not treat myself too much this year. But with that being said, I hope I can still have some time celebrating with friends + family!
As always, I am linking up with Nicole of Writes Like A Girl. Have a great Wednesday!