How was your weekend? I had a great weekend exploring Covington and Cincinnati with my friends! I’m ready to begin a fresh month and I am looking forward to what April has in store. March was a pretty positive month for me. Before seeing my goals for April, this is how I did on my March Goals:
1. Engage in Lent. Overall, yes! I didn’t read John as often as I wished, but I am in a good place to finish the book before Lent is over. I also did really well at my goal with no phone in bed before going to sleep. The only night I faulted was this past Friday when I was away for the weekend. I’m going to try to keep the phone rule. 2. Start ordering + making wedding things. Yes! I made boutonnieres for all the guys by hand. I was going to buy them on Etsy, but I decided I could make them myself. I bought a small cake-topper for the dessert bar during the March Short North Gallery Hop. I also started working on party favors. I’m hoping to make more decoration stuff this month.
3. Take time to read. Yarg, nope. I read a couple times, but it still isn’t a habit. I’m happy that I did at least make time to read for Lent.
4. Make an appointment for my next tattoo. YES! I emailed and met with the artist, then scheduled the appointment for late May! I am excited. 5. Print Photos. So, I did this over the weekend and while that’s technically not March I am giving myself this one. I organized all the photos I wanted to print beforehand and added a few from the weekend. It’s so great to have printed photos!
4/5, not bad! I’m still disappointed that I failed another reading goal, but like I said, I am glad I at least read for Lent. Here are my goals for April:
1. Run at least twice a week. I signed up for a 5K at the end of April! I am running the CRIS (Community Refugee + Immigration Services) 5K with a team from my church. This race raises money for CRIS, which helps refugees and immigrants in Central Ohio. If you are able to donate, here is the link for my team. One of my goals for 23 before 23 was to run a 5K and I am glad I could make it happen and for it to be a great cause that needs support! I’m still going to the gym 4 times a week, so the running will be in addition to my workout routine.
2. Design wedding invitations. I need to send out the formal invitations in May, so I need to start making the designs. I think I am going to have people RSVP online, which makes everything a lot easier and cost effective.
3. Register plates. Don’t you hate that you get hit with registering your plates right before your birthday? I’m mainly including this as a goal so I do not forget about it.
4. Add more money to savings. I’d like to work up to adding 10% of every paycheck to my savings, but every bit counts until then.
5. Make a wedding journal + starting crafting decor. I’ve had any idea to make a wedding journal for a while, but I haven’t executed it yet. The journal will be used to organize all my ideas better than my Pinterest board. I need to make lists of things to make and how I want certain things arranged the day of the wedding. I also need to start making decor items!
Do you have goals for April? As always, I am linking up with Nicole at Writes Like A Girl! Have a great Tuesday!