Today is my half birthday, which means I should be halfway to my 23 before 23 goals. I thought I’d do a check in on how I am doing so far. I’m worried that I won’t be able to accomplish a few goals, but I think on a whole I am doing well at the halfway mark since several goals are in the works.
1. Read 6 books. // Almost halfway through this goal – I’ve read Big Magic and Searching for Sunday. Currently, I’m reading The Dogs Who Found Me.
2. Be a better area commissioner. // Our annual event was a success again this year, and I did most of the planning. I’m trying my best to continue to be more engaged around the city.
3. Visit D.C., again. // I am going in January for the Million Woman March!
4. Go to a yoga class. // Hopefully in the new year!
5. Bike 200 miles. // I’ve been keeping tracking of my miles in my planner and I’m up to 150 so far!
6. Start a new job. // I started a new job in October! 7. Visit my best friend in Chicago. // I went in November!
8. Meet a blogger friend. // Still working on developing a community in the blogging realm.
9. Learn GIS. // Not sure if this one will happen because I don’t need the skill at my current job.
10. Find beach glass at Lake Erie. // Hopefully Chase + I can go for a day trip in the spring!
11. Make post-grad friends. // Working on this!
12. Take a class/workshop for fun. // Hope to accomplish in the new year.
13. Go out in public without make-up. 14. Make wedding plans. // Most of the big stuff is done!
15. Become less addicted to my phone. // Need to make better strides for this goal…
16. Do a 5K. // Ditto with what I said above.
17. Get another tattoo. // I got my nose pierced and I am planning a new tattoo in the next few months.
18. Travel to Chapel Hill, North Carolina. // Not sure if this one will happen! I had hoped we would travel to Chapel Hill over the summer, but with job stuff I couldn’t make this work.
19. Go to a drive-in movie. // Hopefully in the spring!
20. Visit a new state. // I’m staying in Maryland when I go to D.C., so I think that counts!
21. Join a professional group. // Working on this one at the office!
23. Navigate & Enjoy post-grad life. // I’m trying!
Are there any goals you are working on? Have a great Tuesday!