Happy November! I know we’re already a few days into November, but I don’t think I said anything about it in my other posts this week. I have mixed feelings about November. It can be a beautiful month with everything fall related and Thanksgiving, but it also gets so dark and that can be depressing. One thing I am really looking forward to is the Gilmore Girls revival: A Year in the Life! I’ve been obsessed with Gilmore Girls since 6th grade and I was sad to see it go before. Anyway, before seeing my goals for November, here’s how my October goals went:
1. Do better on my goals this month. Overall, yes! 2. Go to bed earlier. This is definitely still a work in progress, but I did start going to bed earlier.
3. Read before bed on weeknights. Nope. This goal just isn’t working for me. I’ve been too tired to read before bed lately. Can anyone give me advice on how to incorporate reading into my daily routine? I’ve failing at most of my goals related to reading…
4. Less Netflix. I’m also still working on this, but I have definitely cut back. I’ve decided it’s okay to watch Gilmore Girls to relax in the evenings because it keeps me sane and I’m preparing for the revival. 5. Get organized before starting the new job. YES! I felt prepared when I started my new job.
4/5, not bad! On to the November goals:
1. Be more intentional at church. Introduce myself to new people, get connected outside of Sunday morning, engage deeply at Life Group, + increase my confidence when singing. I started attending two Life Groups at my church in October and they last into November. Something I want to be more intentional about in my life is creating community, and I think church is a good place to start that.
2. Enjoy Chicago! I’m going to Chicago with a couple friends to visit a friend and I am SUPER excited. It was a little stressful to plan (reserving an AirBnB was really difficult for me for the first time ever!). This isn’t my first trip to Chicago, but I am looking forward to seeing new sites. I’m also really looking forward to taking pictures. I only had my iPhone when I last went, so I am looking forward to having quality pictures and to blog about it! I hope Chicago is still dressed in fall.
3. Find a pair of good jeans. I need a new pair of everyday jeans. The last time I went shopping for jeans, I ended up getting a dress. I’d love to find a blue pair and black, dressier pair. I really want a pair that are comfortable and make me feel good wearing them. I was going to start by looking at Old Navy. Any suggestion on good places to find pants that make you feel good?
4. Get rid of stuff in the basement. The walls in my basement were recently painted and because of that everything had to be moved. There’s a lot of junk in the basement, or stuff that was ruined when it flooded that I just need to pitch. Spending time in my creepy basement isn’t one of my favorite things, but this needs to be done. This is a rather large task and since I am working two jobs now, I’m going to keep it at four goals this month.
As always, I’ll be linking up with Nicole at Writes Like A Girl! Have a great weekend!