Time to talk about my goals for January! If you missed this post, I decided that I am going to start posting monthly goals. So here are the things I am going to focus on in January!
1. Closet purge. The amount of clothes in my closet is actually causing me stress. The stress started about a month ago when I was getting ready for church and couldn’t find my favorite pair of black tights. I was running late and all the clothes on the floor of my closet and in the laundry baskets sent me into a small anxiety attack. I plan to sort the clothes I don’t love anymore into things that can be donated and sold. I want to try to sell some clothes on Poshmark. I actually started going through my closet already and made a decent dent!
2. Spend time focusing on a new blog design. I mentioned this in my Blog Goals for 2016, but I really want to focus on it this month. I have already played around a little bit with the design and I made another button (see above). I want to give my blog a fresh new look for the new year!
3. Make time for professional development. I’ll be taking a professional development class this semester and it should help me prepare for the next steps in my career. I want to prioritize this in January because I know it will be easier to do so earlier in the semester than later.
4. Confirm spring break plans. I have a couple options floating around for spring break, but I need to decide this month what I am doing. I am considering applying for a service trip sponsored by OSU. That would present some options to go somewhere new and have a new experience since I have never done a service trip before. I am also considering going to the Urban Affairs Association conference in San Diego. I have never been to California and I think the conference looks pretty interesting! I have talked with a couple planning friends about going, so we’ll see if that happens!
5. Start reading the Bible again. In high school, I was really good about reading it, but I have struggled in college. I read the entire New Testament in high school and I think I should start re-reading it. I think this will help my faith journey and make me grow in my faith this year.
So those are my goals for January! I’ll be linking up with Nicole at Writes Like a Girl and some other bloggers! Did you make goals for January? Have a great start to your week!